Be kind to Earth
Lately, I have been fearing what will become of Putin’s blood thirsty attack on Ukraine. I have made my protest but I can also lighten my tread on the Earth. It won’t save lives, sadly, but might mitigate the carbon released. Here are my ideas.
- Don’t upgrade your phone just because you can. Mine is second hand, with a sim only contract. Keep the phone you have.
- You don’t need to wash your clothes after wearing them once. (I don’t mean underclothes.)
- Only use the washer when it is full.
- I buy second hand clothes. I look good. No one knows.
- Don’t water your garden every day. In high summer a good water every other day in the cool of evening is enough.
- Use white vinegar to clean your home.
- Stop using paper napkins.
- Mend your clothes.
- Reuse, repurpose and recycle.
- Walk and cycle or use public transport whenever you can.
- Never use plastic grass
- Sow wild flower seeds
- Plant a tree
- Don’t leave electrical goods on ‘standby’. Switch them off.
- Don’t leave lights on unnecessarily.
- Enjoy dusk a little before turning the lights on.
- Don’t use the dryer
- Boil water in the kettle rather than the pan.
- Always use a lid on your pan.
- Don’t let flames lick the sides of your pans.
- Turn the shower off while you shampoo your hair.
- Take a shorter shower.
- If you have children, they will not notice less water in the bath if you use bubble bath.
There are so many ways to be kind to the Earth. You can leave more ideas in comments.
You must be logged in to post a comment.